• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

WTH?! Thought we were thru this....Paper towels are like Unicorns

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ok....just went to a couple stores this weekend.... Shoprite and wegmans here in NJ. Paper towels are being rationed again? I thought we were past all of this. I was able to buy an overpriced 8 pack and that was it. Anyone else seeing this happening again? Didn't try Sams or anywhere else...but just thought this was odd happening all over again right now.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
This Sunday our Governor rolled us back into the highest level lockdown she can authorize without going to court. Rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer disappeared first. Can't wait to see what we all get for Christmas.

JetPress

Where I live toilet paper and paper towels are in stock but all the disinfecting items are still hard to come by.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Here in Texas, Home Depot, Aldis, Wal*Mart and all the others have plenty of paper towels... I don't buy hand sanitizer, number one it's a waste of time, No.2, I have my hands in Goof Off, Oops, paint thinner and God knows what else....

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
My office assistant just ran to 3 stores....BJ's wholesale, WalMart & target near my shop in NJ. NONE had any paper towels...TP. All good! lol....I dont get it. :confused:

Stacey K

I like making signs
We have only a Dollar General and grocery store in town. No PT at DG and one 6 pack for $11 at grocery store. I'll wait till I go to Walmart, hopefully they have some.

De.signs Nanaimo

We may be seeing more and more shortages coming up. The supply chain in any industry usually has 4 to 6 months worth of products/materials that can still make it to the end consumer. We are starting to see the effects of this, everything in your supply chain is going to get unpredictable over the next few months.

Even without the virus China has been getting hit hard by flooding, something like 55 thousand homes destroyed and 65 million people homeless in the last couple of months alone. As China manufactures such a significant amount of everything we use, then combine that with Covid, Trade War, South Chine Sea tensions, flooding, and of course global economic chaos , in my opinion you need to be looking 3 to 6 months ahead on any supplies for the next few years at least.

Medina Signs

Old Member
Hi Guys - Short on toilet paper? - No Problem -
This goes back to my days as a proud member of the Marine Corps - Basically, it's a toilet paper hack.

Although I have successfully demonstrated this technique to many over the years, I was able to find a you tube video that will fully demonstrate it for you.

Here is the link -

Andy D

Yeah, just went to HD for denatured alcohol & got the last little can of it they had, no gallons at all.

rjssigns

Just got back from Costco with a "bale" of paper towels. Pallets of them although you're only allowed one. Same with TP. What's nonexistent are disinfectant wipes. Costco, Sam's, Piggly Wiggly etc...haven't had them for weeks. 90% isopropyl alcohol is the same. Wonder if I could use methanol?

Gene@mpls

why would it be over the election has happened yet. ??

well there’s the quintessential boomer response. ??

rjssigns

To those that thought my response was hilarious. It is not and wasn't intended to be. Context of the conversation was regarding the safety of methanol and its suitability as a cleaner.