Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTH?! Thought we were thru this....Paper towels are like Unicorns

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by WYLDGFI, Aug 17, 2020.

1. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Ok....just went to a couple stores this weekend.... Shoprite and wegmans here in NJ. Paper towels are being rationed again? I thought we were past all of this. I was able to buy an overpriced 8 pack and that was it. Anyone else seeing this happening again? Didn't try Sams or anywhere else...but just thought this was odd happening all over again right now.

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    This Sunday our Governor rolled us back into the highest level lockdown she can authorize without going to court. Rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer disappeared first. Can't wait to see what we all get for Christmas.

3. JetPress

JetPress Member

Dec 10, 2018
    Texas
    Where I live toilet paper and paper towels are in stock but all the disinfecting items are still hard to come by.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Yanki & The Brit

The Yanki & The Brit The Yanki & The Brit Signs and Radio Show

Sep 3, 2014
    Texas
    Here in Texas, Home Depot, Aldis, Wal*Mart and all the others have plenty of paper towels... I don't buy hand sanitizer, number one it's a waste of time, No.2, I have my hands in Goof Off, Oops, paint thinner and God knows what else....

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1
  5. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    My office assistant just ran to 3 stores....BJ's wholesale, WalMart & target near my shop in NJ. NONE had any paper towels...TP. All good! lol....I dont get it. :confused:

6. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Must live in a sloppy area of jersey. You need the quicker-picker-upper !!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Stacey K

Stacey K I like making signs

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    We have only a Dollar General and grocery store in town. No PT at DG and one 6 pack for $11 at grocery store. I'll wait till I go to Walmart, hopefully they have some.

8. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Merchant Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    My shop is in the Dirty 'Jerz area...lol. Live in the central burbs. Property backs up to a family owned farm....LOVE IT!

9. De.signs Nanaimo

De.signs Nanaimo Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Nanaimo
    We may be seeing more and more shortages coming up. The supply chain in any industry usually has 4 to 6 months worth of products/materials that can still make it to the end consumer. We are starting to see the effects of this, everything in your supply chain is going to get unpredictable over the next few months.

Even without the virus China has been getting hit hard by flooding, something like 55 thousand homes destroyed and 65 million people homeless in the last couple of months alone. As China manufactures such a significant amount of everything we use, then combine that with Covid, Trade War, South Chine Sea tensions, flooding, and of course global economic chaos , in my opinion you need to be looking 3 to 6 months ahead on any supplies for the next few years at least.

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Live for today !!! Let the next generation figure it out. :frustrated:

11. Medina Signs

Medina Signs Old Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Medina Ohio
    Hi Guys - Short on toilet paper? - No Problem -
    This goes back to my days as a proud member of the Marine Corps - Basically, it's a toilet paper hack.

Although I have successfully demonstrated this technique to many over the years, I was able to find a you tube video that will fully demonstrate it for you.

Here is the link -

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 2
    • OMG / Wow! OMG / Wow! x 1
  12. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    It is not over. Speaking of the pandemic.

13. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    why would it be over the election has happened yet.

14. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    Yeah, just went to HD for denatured alcohol & got the last little can of it they had, no gallons at all.

15. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Just got back from Costco with a "bale" of paper towels. Pallets of them although you're only allowed one. Same with TP. What's nonexistent are disinfectant wipes. Costco, Sam's, Piggly Wiggly etc...haven't had them for weeks. 90% isopropyl alcohol is the same. Wonder if I could use methanol?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. David Wright

David Wright Very Active Member

Nov 25, 2003
    Wyandotte, Mi
    well there’s the quintessential boomer response.

17. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    why would it be over the election has happened yet. ??

well there’s the quintessential boomer response. ??

18. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
  19. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
  20. rjssigns

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    To those that thought my response was hilarious. It is not and wasn't intended to be. Context of the conversation was regarding the safety of methanol and its suitability as a cleaner.