• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

wwII Navy

Cadmn

guys I need this font Id'd please goes on a pt17 stearman trainer.the font I'm looking for has angled corners & is block otherwise.

Last edited:

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
almost looks like a full block (gerber font)...this is just a guess...since i don't have omega installed at home...i'm going from memory

dclet

for what it's worth... the guys that actually did that used a template, they called it the "Crazy Eight" the template was that indeed of a number eight, they then inturn traced it and removed what was needed to form the letters...

Some fonts like it....

LHF Full Block
Machine

Gene@mpls

We actually do quite a few paint masks and decals for these old planes. I
made a set of Numbers/letters up for my own use and a nice man on the
letterhead board created a font from it and called it Warbird Classic. I gave
it to him and I think he has it on his site for free. :cool: but I don't remember
the site. The kerning was never set (easy to do- distance between
characters is the stroke width) but it looks a lot better than the USAF
stencil-which is too tall. Email me if you want a copy. Gene

WVB

http://www.tlai.com/

Its funny its called Amarillo... Thats where I reside. We have the longest runway, in fact we have so many different fighters, bombers, etc. practice touch and go here... We also produce the V-22 Osprey and have Pantex which is its own world..! In fact due to Pantex we are third on the list to be bombed in the US... People get paid around $17- $20 hr to just to cut grass out there...

Cadmn

will several of us on here are within 10 miles of Lockheed Martin & they are up there on the hit list so If we get it we'll post here & you Run like crazy or hide LOL