• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wypet vs WipeOut

bwsaw

Hey guys, I've been using a sample roll of dry-erase WipeOut, and found that the stuff is really good. I havn't had any ghosting with any color (yet) and it seemed to be long lasting. People have been recommending Wypet for a dry-erase lam, but Fellers doesn't give samples of Wypet. I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with both and can compare them, or can comment on how long Wypet lasts. WipeOut is twice the price of Wypet, but I am willing to pay that difference if it is substantially better quality and longer lasting. WipeOut also has a paper backing that I think is easier to laminate with.

Firefox

About a year ago I got a job for 60 dry erase boards, 4' X 6'. Used Wypet for the film and it seems to work great, customer has been happy so far and no complaints.

The job was big enough to pay for a new laminator so I was learning on this job, talk about nervous! Over 360 feet of vinyl and Wypet. Printed roll to roll then laminated roll to roll a few days later, It seemed to outgas ok on the roll. The laminator paid for itself on this job, the Big Squeegee would have killed me!

The Wypet seems a lot stiffer than any of my other laminates cast or cal. It pulled very straight on the laminator, set it up as straight as possible and it didn't walk but about 1/8" on one roll and 1/8 - 1/4" on the other two. Was surprisingly easy to work with.

I have not used Wipe Out so I can't compare them.

JBusch260

I have had overall good results with Wypet. We use it quite a bit still, but for a hospital install, we had a few bumps. We made a bunch of patient boards for the nurses to write notes into. Well, if it is excessively used, it will have some problems. We still aren't even sure what exactly was being used to clean the boards either. But looking back into this year's catalog, you'll see they added "not for use in hospitals", which would have been fantastic to know before we did around 50 or so of them, ordering from last year's catalog. We use the Antigraffiti lam for those from now on, and that works perfectly and is more durable. Worth the extra money involved.

But for everything else that we use Wypet for, it's been just fine.

bwsaw

Do you know exactly why problems came up in hospitals? Was it something specific to hospitals, or just frequent use? If its the latter, that may be concerning to me.