• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Guy X-Acto Z-Series No. 11 Blade and listening

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
Have you ever used an X-Acto Z-Series No. 11 Blade
They are 7 to 10 times sharper than the common #11 blade. And, they are much stronger.
If you ever used one, you immediately noticed the difference. It is amazing. You instantly know you have something very special working for you.
Stay with me here. Improved listening skills will keep you sharper and stronger. You will notice a difference from day one and so will everyone who talks with you. Sharp listening skills are still available. In fact, I have some to give you as a gift. No charge. No strings attached.
Back to the farm. The very first second into a new conversation is by far the key factor. And that first second is where most get off on the wrong foot. What is so important about that first second. Here it is. You have to totally clear your mind in order to give 100% of your attention. Otherwise you are not giving your full attention. Almost every sign maker I have talked to, one on one, has acknowledged that this is a serious matter. I have no doubt I can help you improve your listening skills. Mind you, life long habits are not easy to change. Let’s aim for 1% at a time.

Robert Armerding

Listen Sharp
There is a big difference. Let's start with price. Amazon = The X-Life, 100 pack, $19.86
Compare, the Z-Series, 2 packs of five blades each, $12.95
That is two cents apiece compared to $1.29 each.
Is it worth it? Personal choice. For me, yes.

bannertime

Okay, but I've turned all my x-acto handles into weeding picks and only use Olfa XA-1s with the Ultra-Sharp black blades; unless I'm working on glass I'll use the silver ones. I was a fan of the SVR-2s but I left one in the sun and it burned my hand when I picked it back up on a job.

Johnny Best

I buy my x-acto style #11 blades (172) from havel's 100 in a box, non sterile carbon steel. But I prefer the #15 (113-4) but I don't see them listed anymore.
But I'm listening will try the Z series next time. Never liked snap off blades, I do like my FatMax Stanley utility cutter.

Johnny Best

Listen, just because your head comes to a point does not make you sharp. Stay with me here, are you listening?
You see how we respond on here, you metioned #11 x-acto blades and we all went off talking about our favorite blades, we did not know we were getting a life lesson.

Reveal1

True as this may be, it does not mean that he doesn't have a point.
Listen, just because your head comes to a point does not make you sharp. Stay with me here, are you listening?
You see how we respond on here, you metioned #11 x-acto blades and we all went off talking about our favorite blades, we did not know we were getting a life lesson.
Says the sharpest knives in the drawer.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hummm, looks like my book "Nifty Tips" will have some competition on here. So much for that retirement nest egg I planned on.. He gives away for free.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
C'mon ma-a-a-an.............. give the guy a break. He's only testing the waters. He's gonna have some really interesting threads going quite soon. I can just feel it in my bones....... that is the hammer, anvil, and stirrup bones. I'm still listening.