• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help X Axis Position Error!! Please help! Graphtec FC-7000 -160 (Signwarehouse Q-160)

Ryse Inc

Hey Guys, long time listener first time caller...
Ref: Graphtec FC-7000-160 (Signwarehouse Q-160)
So last night I used my arrows keys as I have for years to move the media forward after a cut job was finished to cut off the job. I get an X Axis position error. So I turn it off and have it do its normal rear roll set up, it checks all the Y position pinch rollers, then comes back to rest while it starts the X movement of the vinyl to feed and look for the front edge, and Bam! X axis error again. It will super speed spit the vinyl forward and or back depending on the position of the vinyl when it starts, then sound the alarm. I turn it off and try and again and this happens over and over.
I read through threads all night looking for an answer. I saw many people with the exact same problem saying the vinyl would shoot at super speed, but could find no fix in any of the threads. One idea was slam the machine...another replace the power cord, another was replace the main board. Well I happened to have an extra cord and main board from a past issue the stupid tech support at SW said would fix the problem and it did not, so its a fully working main board. boot it up and X error again. So its not the main board. At one point before the main board swap it worked... I sent a cut job and it worked... then I used the arrows to move it forward to cut it off and X error again, and now I cant get it to work again, that's when I tried the main board and new power cord.

I'm at a loss here... any ideas?
I have jobs from ebay that were supposed to ship today and have no back up machine. Please help!
Shaun