• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 Bug?

GTSTech_1

Hello Guys and Gals,

Was installing a VP-540 today, and of course when the client goes to print his 1st print (image) prints out a solid black square. The image was exported out of Corel X3 and then Rip'd in Versaworks. Weird thing is we took the same file and exported out of Corel 11 , rip'd in Versaworks=no problems, prints POP!!

My question, or questions are......

1. What setting needs to be changed in X3 when exporting to get away from the "Black Box"?

2. Is clients Corel X3 version (13.001) buggy?

Any help would be greatly appericated.

PS-Called Roland Tech Dept, tech says "this problem just happened to me in the AM". Ask what he did to correct it. His answer was turned the image 90 degrees, and black box went away. This did not solve my problem.
:help:

Columbia Signs

No bugs at all for me. We export from X3 to a Roland 540 everyday. My guess is settings? Try publishing to PDF and not exporting.

GTSTech_1

Publishing to PDF, would not work....no cut line.
It's gotta be something in that file(it came from his customer). Line work is ok, happens(black box) on bitmaps.

What would cause this? :help:

GTSTech_1

Found the problem, however not sure why it's a problem.

My solution was to set Corel's "Color Mangement" to "default". This solved the "Black Box" prints, not sure why the customers settings would create the black box in the 1st place.

Thanks for your input.

GTSTech_1