Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X3 contours

Discussion in 'Corel' started by wildside, Oct 27, 2006.

1. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    for some reason, when i do a contour to a object, is is clipping the corners of all point off, makes some messed up outline effect, i have searched and search to find why it is doing this, and can't figure it out. Is was working fine yesterday...LOL...and nothing has been changed..

anyone have any ideas?

Tags:
  2. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    Hey Mark,

Are you using the Interactive Contour or Outline specifically? I've found on some tihngs that the base object has something going on with the nodes at these locations. Try smoothing the subjet nodes instead of them being cusps.

3. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    here is the funny thing, i can outline the object at .001, then outline that at the correct size, and works fine...i think i found a glitch somehow...it is doing it on everything, even a plain square box with four points....

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    There might be a setting in the options that has something to do with this, but I'm not 100% sure.

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Can you see the clipping effect in wireframe view (F9)?
    If not, check the miter limit option in the "Outline Pen Tool" pop up box.
    The default for new objects might have been set to the last (clipping) option by mistake.
    I'm thinking this may be it because you say it shows on everything now, that kind of rules out bad nodes.

wayne k
    guam usa

6. Lance

Lance Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    This sounds like a hassle I had a while ago and a I fixed it by putting a small fillet on the outline before doing the contour.
    Maybe it's not the same situation, but hey, i learnt something then.