• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X3 contours

wildside

for some reason, when i do a contour to a object, is is clipping the corners of all point off, makes some messed up outline effect, i have searched and search to find why it is doing this, and can't figure it out. Is was working fine yesterday...LOL...and nothing has been changed..

anyone have any ideas?

ChiknNutz

Hey Mark,

Are you using the Interactive Contour or Outline specifically? I've found on some tihngs that the base object has something going on with the nodes at these locations. Try smoothing the subjet nodes instead of them being cusps.

wildside

here is the funny thing, i can outline the object at .001, then outline that at the correct size, and works fine...i think i found a glitch somehow...it is doing it on everything, even a plain square box with four points....

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Can you see the clipping effect in wireframe view (F9)?
If not, check the miter limit option in the "Outline Pen Tool" pop up box.
The default for new objects might have been set to the last (clipping) option by mistake.
I'm thinking this may be it because you say it shows on everything now, that kind of rules out bad nodes.

wayne k
guam usa

Lance

This sounds like a hassle I had a while ago and a I fixed it by putting a small fillet on the outline before doing the contour.
Maybe it's not the same situation, but hey, i learnt something then.