Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X5 giving me fits...

Discussion in 'Corel' started by letterman7, Nov 11, 2013.

1. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Just finished a large layout job and went to save it and the program crashed in the middle of the save. Of course, I go to open it again, and there is nothing there at all - on any of the pages. I have the auto-backup which I can work from if I can open that - but it's telling me that there is both an "invalid object" and "an error reading a bitmap" in the file. I can see all the bitmaps (photos, mostly) and graphics I've created on every page, but if I open the backup file, all the bitmaps that I need are gone. This has happened more than once on other files and I really can't rebuild what was done tonight without those bitmap files. I've tried importing the entire file into a new workspace and that didn't work, either.

I've never had a more buggy version of Corel than this one. I should have never upgraded from x3.... does anyone have any ideas to recover the file?

Rick

Tags: