• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

X8, tries to print white

ams

With X4 and X7, when you choose White 0,0,0,0 the printer knew it and didn't print anything.

However in X8, it tries to print white (I have a 4 color printer, no white ink), it prints an off-white color. When exporting, I can check the box for (convert spot colors to cmyk) and it works, but when you do that, you cannot contour cut, because your lines become cmyk. By the way my RIP software is Versaworks.

How do you bypass this so it ignores white? Thanks

Last edited:

Decal Dude

With X4 and X7, when you choose White 0,0,0,0 the printer knew it and didn't print anything.

However in X8, it tries to print white (I have a 4 color printer, no white ink), it prints an off-white color. When exporting, I can check the box for (convert spot colors to cmyk) and it works, but when you do that, you cannot contour cut, because your lines become cmyk. By the way my RIP software is Versaworks.

How do you bypass this so it ignores white? Thanks
Have you changed any of the printer settings? What kind of printer are you using?

ams

I have a Roland VP540i and I never touch the settings of it other than your normal cutting force, speed and maintenance.

Joe House

If this changed with the new version, try turning off the usr embedded profile option on the quality tab in VW. I bet three new Corel came with a 'better' form of color management.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ant

I had the same issue using corel2017 (using pdf) ,exporting as eps was the only way it would work for me other than cutting the white part of your design thru all the layers, making it have no fill

Just upgraded to the truevis roland series and now have no issues, using versaworks dual