• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xante x-98 Thoughts

CC-CMYK

Has anyone worked with a Xante printer? I really like how it can be taken apart and fit through doorways.

We have a tricky building with small loading dock doors and a narrow alleyway. If we owned the building I’d just cut a wider doorway but we don’t.

It looks like a decent printer with Epson heads and it seems fast for the price.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this printer or could suggest any alternatives?

garyroy

I guess you got the same email and video that all of us are getting. I'd ask Xante for a reference or 2 of shop who own one near you.
Then call that person and ask some questions of a first hand local user.

There might be some on this forum that have one, their input would be interesting to hear.
That machine has caught my eye more than once. The interfacing software that is customized to the machine is a big plus.
Overall, it looks to me like a toy compared to other 4 X 8 flatbeds.

CC-CMYK

I guess you got the same email and video that all of us are getting. I'd ask Xante for a reference or 2 of shop who own one near you.

There might be some on this forum that have one, their input would be interesting to hear.
That machine has caught my eye more than once. The interfacing software that is customized to the machine is a big plus.
Good point! Any thoughts on another flatbed. I was also looking into Roland’s new belt drive machine. It may fit in my doorway and I like the 7” z hight.

Christian @ 2CT Media

It shows it can fit through a standard door:
1681393837341.png

Word of caution, when manufacturers won't post print speeds, it means it's incredibly slow.

garyroy

CC-CMYK, do some YouTube searches on this printer. Are there any, other than promotional videos from the Manufacturer?
You need real life feedback, a lot of it, before you clunk your money down.
As far as the Roland flatbed, do some searches on this site to get feedback from others.
If you're not in a rush, the Printing United show is in October in Atlanta.

cbdigital

I own the X-33 because I can’t fit anything bigger in my shop. The print quality is great. We do a lot of acrylic photos and it really excels at those. The two biggest issues we have struggled with are static and fumes. But those are primarily environmental issues with our building more than anything. I absolutely love the software, you can design in whatever program you want, print to pdf and drag it to the printer from the dashboard. We even drag jpeg and png files straight into it. I can’t speak to the X-55 or 98 specifically, but I would say that I absolutely would buy my X-33 again.

Attachments

• BAA627EF-1C06-40EA-B26B-4E23BE2CC276.jpeg
    BAA627EF-1C06-40EA-B26B-4E23BE2CC276.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
  • 5E9DD751-2CF2-45CE-845E-9A2D9C7C6F5B.jpeg
    5E9DD751-2CF2-45CE-845E-9A2D9C7C6F5B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 165

garyroy

I own the X-33 because I can’t fit anything bigger in my shop. The print quality is great. We do a lot of acrylic photos and it really excels at those. The two biggest issues we have struggled with are static and fumes. But those are primarily environmental issues with our building more than anything. I absolutely love the software, you can design in whatever program you want, print to pdf and drag it to the printer from the dashboard. We even drag jpeg and png files straight into it. I can’t speak to the X-55 or 98 specifically, but I would say that I absolutely would buy my X-33 again.
Enjoyed seeing that bottle- Judge Roy Bean, The only Law west of the Pecos.
Paul Newman played that movie back in the 70's.
Did you print that bottle on your Xante? If so, that is some kickin' artwork and print. Nice job.
Static you can handle, fumes are a bigger problem. How do you handle the fumes? Not from the bourbon but from the printer?

cbdigital

Yep, printed that today as a matter of fact! That’s a 300 dpi jpeg that the customer provided. I just cropped it and brightened it a smidge using the built in Windows editor and sent it to the printer.

We’ve had the Xante since mid January and are still trying to find a good solution for the fumes. I can’t vent outside without doing some construction work and it’s not my building. We tried a Dyson air purifier and that has been a bust. My HVAC guy has recommended charcoal filters in the return above the unit and a Remi Halo UV lamp in the AC closet. I’m hoping that helps. Any suggestions?

garyroy

OK, search here on the forum for "air filtration". There have been many threads on the subject.
We use an Island Clean Air Duster 2000, 75 lbs of charcoal filters, over 1000CFM, very expensive if purchased new, about $5,500.
Look on Craigslist or Ebay for a used one. On the threads here you will see some really good alternatives for around $1,000 or so.
This is a very common subject. Please continue to share your pics and solutions to things.

RMarshall

In my experience (mostly with digital printers) Xante printers are built like toys too.
Lots of plastic and not a lot of support

CC-CMYK

In my experience (mostly with digital printers) Xante printers are built like toys too.
Lots of plastic and not a lot of support
Not to disagree about it being a toy but I’ve witnessed no plastic parts. What parts are plastic? Looks like everything from the housing, gantry, and bed looks to be aluminum or steel. I do suspect the support is lacking.

What printer would you suggest?

CC-CMYK

That’s great to hear. How’s the customer service and support of Xante? Are they helpful with any problems. Do they have techs come out if there’s a problem? Do they have good a warranty?

RMarshall

Not to disagree about it being a toy but I’ve witnessed no plastic parts. What parts are plastic? Looks like everything from the housing, gantry, and bed looks to be aluminum or steel. I do suspect the support is lacking.

What printer would you suggest?
I have no idea about their flatbeds, I was just referring to their digital printers that I've come across aka the Impressia and EnPress.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I'd be very cautious.....I've sold at least 5 flatbeds replacing units like these....Asian made units....not much in terms of domestic support. Customers have just thrown their hands up in the air (and their money out the window) after trying to get adequate support after years of trying.

One thing particularly noteworthy is that the reason these machines can be tipped on their sides and through doors is because they've never been inked up and tested. We sell Fluid Color/Handtop units and they ink them up and run them for a few days to be sure there are no issues when the end user gets the unit.

I'd also make sure there are plenty of drivers and profiles available in Onyx.

Lastly - it might be a better investment to go with a Fluid Color/Roland/Arizona printer and to spend the money expanding your door.

CC-CMYK

I'd be very cautious.....I've sold at least 5 flatbeds replacing units like these....Asian made units....not much in terms of domestic support. Customers have just thrown their hands up in the air (and their money out the window) after trying to get adequate support after years of trying.

One thing particularly noteworthy is that the reason these machines can be tipped on their sides and through doors is because they've never been inked up and tested. We sell Fluid Color/Handtop units and they ink them up and run them for a few days to be sure there are no issues when the end user gets the unit.

I'd also make sure there are plenty of drivers and profiles available in Onyx.

Lastly - it might be a better investment to go with a Fluid Color/Roland/Arizona printer and to spend the money expanding your door.
Makes sense. Thanks for your input. Didn’t think about that’s why machines are shipped that way. I’m also really looking into the belt drive Roland. I’ve seen pictures of them getting delivered without their gantry attached. Might just fit.

cbdigital

That’s great to hear. How’s the customer service and support of Xante? Are they helpful with any problems. Do they have techs come out if there’s a problem? Do they have good a warranty?
I've opened three tickets since I've owned it. Two were trouble issues, and one was a general how-to question. All tickets were responded to within 90 minutes of opening. One trouble ticket was solved remotely. The other required an onsite visit, and the tech was in my office by 10:00 AM the next morning and had the issue resolved an hour later. The how-to ticket was answered that day, and they sent me a template file along with instructions on how to use it. I can honestly say the support has been stellar compared to what I have received from the manufacturer of my laser engraver.

CC-CMYK

I've opened three tickets since I've owned it. Two were trouble issues, and one was a general how-to question. All tickets were responded to within 90 minutes of opening. One trouble ticket was solved remotely. The other required an onsite visit, and the tech was in my office by 10:00 AM the next morning and had the issue resolved an hour later. The how-to ticket was answered that day, and they sent me a template file along with instructions on how to use it. I can honestly say the support has been stellar compared to what I have received from the manufacturer of my laser engraver.
That’s good to know! What model do you have? How long have you had it?

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
Cmon guys, there is no such thing like Xante X-xxx blahblahblah whatever printers.... Those all are just chinese noname OEMs and don't really worth $75k.
You can find the same class equipment on alibaba for $10-20k max....

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Isn't the Xante US office in Alabama or Mississippi? I wonder if it wasn't how quickly they would have been there. That's a genuine question...no intentional attitude.