• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xbox One

Pro Image

I havnet got to watch all of the reveal yet just read up on the specs and stuff.......Ill have one the first day its out.......

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Big Negative - You cannot play any existing xbox360 games. I have a nice collection of games that I don't want to give up nor do I want to have both systems at the same time. Not too happy about that. And they are going to charge you a fee if you buy a used game

What a way to guarantee new game sales.

EDIT: The used games story may just be a rumor. No one knows for sure

Last edited:

jayhawksigns

Requiring an internet connection is the deal breaker for me. Don't have internet at home, and I kind of like it that way.

I prefer games on the Playstation anyway, FF & GT for the win. (Yes I know FF isn't Playstation exclusive anymore)

Pat Whatley

....and a week after it comes out somebody will figure out how to hack it to get around the internet connection and registering the games.

rfulford

It's always on, always connected to the internet and has it's motion sensor aimed into your living room.......

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I had a long post about my griefs I didn't like about the xbox one ... but it got lost ... so here is the short version:

between the strick DRM, no used games allowed or even sharing really, the cloud based architecture that is great for media but crappy for games especially with ISP's getting pissy about data already, the actual system never fully shutting down and always monitoring you, the need for always on internet to get more than just a disk player, the lack of backwards compatibility and crappy exclusive games on the console, with 'live tv' still requiring a second piece of equipment to work (which may or may not be required to be purchased straight from microsoft) or requiring an app from your specific carrier (hope it's in the top 6 and not an off carrier) ...

I will pass on this for atleast the first year.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Big Negative - You cannot play any existing xbox360 games. I have a nice collection of games that I don't want to give up nor do I want to have both systems at the same time. Not too happy about that. And they are going to charge you a fee if you buy a used game

What a way to guarantee new game sales.

EDIT: The used games story may just be a rumor. No one knows for sure

Not rumor, they confirmed that the used game charge is the complete cost of the game. You can 'share' with everyone on the same console but that is it. If you loan it to a friend ... they need to buy the game as well, or you need to be there signed in with your account to get the game to work. They are going to have a way to sell games you don't like ... but I don't see how that would work effectively.

If you like used games ... buy all the xbox and xbox 360 games you want now ... because after this console drops ... gamestop is gone and the game aftermarket is gone.