• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 bad head?

Lobo

Tried to calibrate my XC-540 and noticed that when it prints the test, H6 prints very blurry. This only occurs when printing DT3 and not DT1 though.

What is DT1 and DT3?

Is there a bad head? Also see pic #2. Supposed to be all black.

In pic #3, what is wrong with the black reference lines?

Thankful for any help!

/Toby

Attachments

• IMG_20121003_123627.jpg
    IMG_20121003_123627.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20121003_124337.jpg
    IMG_20121003_124337.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20121003_123648.jpg
    IMG_20121003_123648.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 111

idsignsil

I have yet to have a bad head on our XC-540 (knock on wood). Our test prints have never looked like that. Maybe there is a hair or fiber on one of the heads. Do a manual cleaning and take a swab with some cleaning fluid and gently.....very gently wipe the head. Only use one swab per head so that there is not ink cross over. Do another test print and see what it looks like. That's all I got.....if it does not work, you might have a bad head, or maybe some of the others on this forum might know whats going on.

meritan

I have the same issue with my XC 540, Light Cyan and Cyan have the same look like your post, I make some cleaning but nothing change

CS-SignSupply

Cyan and black both problematic.

Have you had a tech diagnose it? I would do an Ink Fill Pattern test from the Service Menu to get more information.

What do the actual Nozzle Test prints look like?

Lobo

Haven't had a tech look at it. We don't have a tech locally anymore, so we would need to fly a guy in just to look at it. I'll try some more by myself.

I'll look at more test prints tomorrow. It's printing for the rest of the day.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

/Toby