• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Canvas Printing

Printing photographs on canvas for a client on our Roland XC-540. Anyone have any tricks/advice for getting the best print possible? I use Solvent Satin Canvas profile, on "Artistic" (the highest quality setting) usually switch to perceptual instead of colormetric to get less blown out colors. still, prints seem a bit over-saturated. Also, black and white images are coming out purple-ish, which hasn't really been a problem with more standard vinyl materials. any ideas or ways to make my prints as good as possible?

Henning

What program are you using to rip the picture? VersaWorks? If so always export the image in PDF settings. Import the picture in CorelDraw ( or what ever other program you are using ) and export the pic as PDF. Under the PDF settings go to Object and make sure the bit compression is none. After that is done and you made sure that you embed the colours you export. In VersaWorks under Colour Management change raster image to Perceptual. And always print Canvas in High Quality under Generic Banner 2. That works for me. Let me know if it helped