• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 color problem

brad daggy

I have a wrap that I have printed before. This time around the color is printing completely different. The background is supposed to be a green, buy is printing blue. For what it's worth, I was away for three weeks and machine wasn't running. Any thoughts?

Tharnpheffa

Low on yellow?

I just ran out of black with no notice from the machine
because the chip on the side of the ink cartridge was bad.

brad daggy

in the printing test only the first strip from group A showed, with much dot drop out. The first strip from group B was not showing with major dot drop out in the second strip. In group c there was very little dot drop. I then manually cleaned using a cleaning kit. That helped alot but the first strip in group B was still not showing and the second strip still had dot drop out.

rdm01

Perhaps you could scan and post the print test so we can all look at it and help diagnose your problem. Sometimes it is hard to get and Idea of what is going on from typed descriptions.

Brendan

Sounds like a head soak is needed. I dont get it though as I may not use my printer for a week and it will always cycle through to keep things lubed up.

brad daggy

Here is the scan of the test print. If I do have to soak a print head, how do I go about doing it? I have to get two jobs done quickly. Thanks!

Attachments

• testprint.jpg
    testprint.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 177

rdm01

I can't tell if it is just from the scan, but I don't see any yellow on there at all. You may be looking at sucking some ink through, then soaking the heads. Your black needs alot of help as well.

As far as a lesson on soaking the heads, it has been gone over many times on the forum, do a search. I don't think you are going to get the two jobs done fast though, it is quite a process.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Do a few cleans and if it still doesn't work.... do a strong cleaning..... then soak your heads.

synergy_jim

do powerful cleans.... while its cleaning, wedge a pc of tape in the door sensor so you can leave the door open.

grab the head carriage and wiggle back and forth white the pumps are running.

this will help seat the capping station and many times will clear up your problem.

brad daggy

I've only had the printer for about 6 months, so I have not had a chance to take a close look at the parts. Is there some sort of parts manual or schematic so I can follow what you guys are talking about? I've worked on alot of equipment in my day, but am new to wide format printers. I'm lost as to what you guys are talking about in regards to capping stations, how to soak heads, etc.

cdiesel

If you look at the manual that came with the printer, and look at the cleaning section, you should see a diagram with all of the parts people are referring to mentioned. Head soaks are not something Roland wants the end user doing, and honestly, you probably don't even need to do one. Here's what I would do (and have done in the past).

Do a manual cleaning, and get the capping stations really well. Check for any signs of wear, swelling, or deformation of the rubber.
Remove the black cover on the bottom of the right side of the machine (right below the capping stations). This will expose the pumps. You want to disconnect the black tubes (I believe there are two) running from the yellow capping station, and attach a compressed syringe to the end of it. Pull one of the syringes out, leaving the other alone. It's just there to keep air from going in that tube. You'll want to do this until you see some yellow ink come out. It may take a few times, and I would do it one more time after that. After you pull the syringe all the way out, disconnect it from the tube while pinching the tube off with your fingers. Slide it back in and repeat.
After you prime the head like this, do a medium cleaning and another test print. If that doesn't work, let us know and either I or someone else will walk you through a head soak.