• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 contour cutter

Scotty73

I'm having issues with the cutter portion of my Roland XC 540. The cut carriage follows the path of the contour cut line, but the blade won't drop to contour cut. Is it simply a setting? How do I test the magnet coil of the cutter? What am I missing? Suggestions?

ProPDF

Check to make sure the small connector or cable is plugged in correctly to the carriage board on the cutter head first. Sometimes they get disconnected when replacing other parts especially the clear plastic carriage strips that protect the cables. If you have a ton of hours on it the head could be bad.

The two most common culprits of this issue:
1) The cut carriage cable has a broken wire connection in it from wear and tear. (Most common problem I see for your issue)
2) If the cut carriage cable was pulled or plugged in while the printer was on. If this is the case, then perhaps the servo board is damaged.

In both cases, you may want to have a Roland tech visit you.

Hope this helps!