• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 Cost per print

WDP

Actually it depends on your profile. 360x540 is going to be less than say 720x720 or 1440x1440

osmasterflex

I sware i found a site the other day with a break down of resolution vs. price per square foot and i cant find it anymore!!

What setting do you typically set your printer for, on Banner and Vinyl Material.

Rustle

Roland site > XC-540 > Under Features > Low Running Costs. They give an estimate of the cost of print per sqft. at low and high density.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
We didn't trust the numbers Roland quoted on our SC 540 Pro II, so we weighed our in carts, printed 4 4x10 full coverage (mostly black) banners. Then, weighed the carts again. Using 440ml carts at $115 each it worked out to $.61 per sq ft.

WDP

We didn't trust the numbers Roland quoted on our SC 540 Pro II, so we weighed our in carts, printed 4 4x10 full coverage (mostly black) banners. Then, weighed the carts again. Using 440ml carts at $115 each it worked out to $.61 per sq ft.

But at what profile? That variable is key.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Guess that would help. Its been so long I haven't looked at our banner profiles actual dpi. Printing on standard 4 pass. Guessing it is 720.

WDP

We print in 360x720 most of the time and use 3rd party ink at 30% cheaper cost than oem so we believe are its alot less than that. Sometime we even print in 360x540 which is even less ink down.

InkjetAuction

Ink?

WDP,

Sounds like you are happy with using a 3rd party ink in your Roland (XC-540?)

Which brand are you using? Are you using a bulk system or cartridges?
How's the scratch resistance compared to Roland OEM ink?

~E