• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Cuts EVERYTHING twice???

Aklaim

So we've suddenly had an issue with our XC-540 cutting everything we send to it twice, usually ruining the piece because we mostly use it for heat press materials these days. We run it through Onyx 10 and use Illustrator CS5 or CS6 to create all of our cut paths. I've checked the name of the path (CutContour), made sure it was a CMYK spot color, made sure the stroke was at 1pt centered, made sure there is not a duplicate path hiding somewhere, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's doing this. I've looked through the Onyx and Roland cut settings and I can't find anything that would even tell it to cut twice. Has anybody else every seen this before? If so what did you do? Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,
Will

Aklaim

That's the thing, I've never gone in and changed any cut settings, and I'm the only person here that knows how to run Onyx or the Roland, and nor can I find anything to check or uncheck for that matter.

Salmoneye

My settings have gotten changed before in Illy so that when I save to .eps the box for convert strokes to paths or something along those lines is accidentally checked, this produces two cut lines. You can only see them if you zoom way in on it. Might not be your issue but something to check.

skdave

I have had this issue off and on for the last 4 years. I use ergo soft. xc540 and sp540

Bly

We had this in Onyx with paths. We changed the cutcontour objects to filled (no stroke) and it solved the issue.

Letterbox Mike

We had this in Onyx with paths. We changed the cutcontour objects to filled (no stroke) and it solved the issue.

This 1000%. Don't use a stroke, for some reason, Onyx sometimes cuts the inside and outside of the stroke and not the centerline of it like it should. No idea why, but switching to a solid filled object will solve the problem every time.

Robert Carter

My settings have gotten changed before in Illy so that when I save to .eps the box for convert strokes to paths or something along those lines is accidentally checked, this produces two cut lines. You can only see them if you zoom way in on it. Might not be your issue but something to check.
YOU ARE DA MAN!!!!!!!!!! THANKS THAT WAS THE PROBLEM YIPPEEE :Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh