• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Cutting Problem

Rustle

Our XC-540 seems to stop cutting at the very end of each job leaving a quarter of the decals uncut??? I thought it had to do with the media feed setting and so I disabled it and put it back to default but that didn't cure the problem... Everything in Versaworks looks right with the contour cut lines all showing marching ants so I'm clueless as to what the problem is??? Has anyone experienced this with the XC-540?

Thank you!

Mainframe

Does it happen with every file? is it possible your file is corrupt? can you save it in a different format & re rip it? That would eliminate a bad file or rip, then point to something in the machine

signs2trade

Not sure if this applies...but when we first got ours it wouldn't complete the cuts on one side of every job. I was told to increase the eps margin to 0.02" and it fixed the problem. I hope I got that number right...I'm not at the shop so I don't have VW in front of me.
Hope that helps!
Pat
this will fix it......0.02 or .25 dont remember

You can set that in defaults (EDIT/QUE A or B/ go down the list to where you see EPS margin and set it to .25...then click OK. You can also set your media with the default as well. Hope this helps you