• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 Disconnects from computer

Hotwasted

So my problem is that when the printer is printing if I slack the media while the printer is printing it will print fine. If I let the roll tension and let the printer pull the roll I get disconnect from the computer and the printer stops no way to recover. I have tried multiple computers and laptops all connected direct to the computers. I have tried the roller brake on and off still same thing. also tried using the media flanges on the rollers figured there was less friction that way and still the same thing it disconnects at random through the print generally within the first couple of feet. I'm using versaworks 5.5.1. any thoughts what this might be weak motor to feed the media, bad sensor at the back?
when it happen the computer says disconnected and the status bar runs up to a 100% and the printer head parks at head lock and the printer screen just says processing.
Thanks