• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xc-540 Help!! Magenta and cyan around black?

LizardWraps

Any time I print with black or Grey I get an oversrpay look all around the letter that's cyan and magenta. I was told maybe static or humidity problem? I get a great nozzel check each time though?? Any thoughts? The rest of the colors look fine in the print.. Help HElp Help...

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Humidity and static for me don't usually just pick on a particular color sequence, it usually (for me) plays havoc all around if thats the issue. For me that issue on a 540 would be head height or profile or Uni vs BiDirectional printing issues. Is it all media?

LizardWraps

yes all media.. dealer said add some humidity to the room so I did that.. Going to put one of those static wires in later.. Can you recommend a profile.. Im really at a loss here..

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
yes all media.. dealer said add some humidity to the room so I did that.. Going to put one of those static wires in later.. Can you recommend a profile.. Im really at a loss here..

A profile for which media? Is this a new problem? Does it happen when you print in Uni-Directional as well as Bi-Directional?

Standoutwraps

i use versa works with http://www.orafol.com/gp/americas/en/icc-profiles
i use the 3109 profile and i believe i use the 3164g for faster print thats half the time as 3109 and only drops quality by about 10% and still get zero banding only very slight on gradients in grey .. give that i try i don't use any of the standard profile i found these to be 100% better and I'm using mostly 3m cv3 and oracle materials it works great on anything i print on really