• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 in storage for 4 years just brought it back out

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Who did you order from? Please let us know who and we can give you our opinion. 2 week delivery sounds like a China company with a USA office to fool people. If you are suspicious, cancel the order and go with Solventinkjet.com. They only sell Roland OEM caps. Their DX4 dampers are aftermarket, but they have tested out their source. I've never gotten a bad damper from them and I've ordered a lot of them from these guys. Plus they are in Denver.

Ronda

Who did you order from? Please let us know who and we can give you our opinion. 2 week delivery sounds like a China company with a USA office to fool people. If you are suspicious, cancel the order and go with Solventinkjet.com. They only sell Roland OEM caps. Their DX4 dampers are aftermarket, but they have tested out their source. I've never gotten a bad damper from them and I've ordered a lot of them from these guys. Plus they are in Denver.
I'll try to cancel it right now!

Ronda

I got the other order cancelled and ordered everything from the guy in Denver. Should have it by Monday from him. Thanks so much!

Ronda

I got all my parts in. I have never done any of this myself. I have some steps for caps printed out from Roland years ago. I did find a copy of the service manual. Is there anything I need to be aware of or tips you have. Is there anything special for the dampers? Other than 1 at a time, unplug and plug back in? I will be doing this all today. I got scraper, wipers, caps and dampers.

Ronda

Just to update this post. We changed caps, dampers and further testing decided to replace 4 heads. Had a few hiccups along the way but Jim walked me through it and the printer is now up and running probably better than it ever did!!!