• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Media Walking

orange10

We have a XC-540 with very low hours. It prints great and cuts great but the media will walk about a 1/4+" every 2.5hours. We have brand new media flanges however we dont have the locks. Also I feel the pinch rollers are in great shape... We are still fairly new in the vinyl printing industry. Is this the norm? We are running long production runs print/cut and would like to make it as low maintenance as possible.

J

john1

for some reason on my Roland sp300i i get the same sometimes. I use all the pinch rollers and it doesn't seem to change. I guess sometimes you load it good, sometimes it's off a cat hair

orange10

Yes I always use all the pinch rollers. Is there a more precise way to make sure the media is loaded straight?

cdiesel

Make sure the media roll is tight on the core, the flanges are in the core all the way and evenly, and the flanges are on the bottom rollers evenly. Pull the media through the machine, gently pulling on the center of the roll and then lower the pinch rollers. There will be times when it's just off. Not much you can do about it.

DRamm76

It also has a lot to do with the media itself. Even in the case of cut vinyl, 50yd rolls rarely cause tracking issues because they are wound tight from right out of the box where as 10yd rolls cut down by the distirbutor are often rolled out by hand so they are never as tightly wound as once before.

Also, check the grit rollers. Some times build up underneath them can cause the media to shift if it's not properly removed.