• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 need quick advice!!

Slamdunkpro

Help!

We've had no deliveries for a week due to the snow, yet have had to continue production. I ran out of yellow yesterday - normally not a biggie, but I'm closing up for a week (leaving today) due to an out of town commitment. What's the best scenario here? Turn the primary power off? I know if I leave it on the printer will try to do it's periodic cycle and get stuck in an out-of-ink loop. Which is worse?

Any thoughts?

AllSquare Jason

Probably best to leave cart in the machine (unless its completely empty there is about 8ml still there) - cut machine off on the front and leave it on in the back. Do not unplug.

Replace empty carts and you should okay. You may have to do some medium cleanings, but should be good to go.

Hope this helps!!

Slamdunkpro

Probably best to leave cart in the machine (unless its completely empty there is about 8ml still there) - cut machine off on the front and leave it on in the back. Do not unplug.

Replace empty carts and you should okay. You may have to do some medium cleanings, but should be good to go.

Hope this helps!!

The cartridge is still in the machine but If I leave the back on it tries to go into it's periodic clean cycle, then goes into an out of ink condition and sits there chirping with the fans continually running. Is there a way to turn that cycle off? I don't want it to sit in the out of ink configuration for a week, do I?

Salmoneye

If you were to tape the tabs on the cartridges then the printer would think you still have some ink (as you do) and cycle with the little bit that is left. Don't take my word for it but that is what I would do.