• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC 540 printing lines?

jigsaw

Hi all,
My XC 540 is printing faint lines(pic attached) but only when I print on pull up banner material, have never had this happen before, any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 135

kffernandez

it feels like either semi clogged nozzles or an electrical/difficulty printing some dot size problem.

how are your nozzle print prints like?

kelly

jigsaw

Hi guys,
prints fine on IJ40 & IJ20 did a head clean and test print, all fine perfect test print, just prints the lines on pull up material!
Run out of ideas now.:omg2:

jasonx

If you do a

Printer -> Test Print

from Versaworks on the pull up banner material do you get the lines?

kffernandez

i'm still willing to put my money on the idea that your banner profile is using a different dot size compared to your other profiles...

kelly

jigsaw

i'm still willing to put my money on the idea that your banner profile is using a different dot size compared to your other profiles...

kelly

I Have not changed any of my profiles, and have been using printer for 15 months with no trouble until now.:banghead:

You're absolutely right and have proven it by printing on other material and seeing different results.
When I see this kind of issue... my first question is "what type of material are you printing on?" then "Does it do it on other mater?" A lot of the times they discover its cheap material.

jasonx

If you can load another type of material and print the same file with no adverse affects it isn't the printer or the rip.

Has to be static.

I had this problem with static a few weeks ago with my linear encoder sensor. But the problem would persist on all medias not just the particular one I was having problems with.

Take one metre off your roll and remove the static and load that into your printer and start printing and see if the problem is removed.