• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 Soljet Pro III Pauses Printing (Stops at each end of the printer after a run)

John A

I've had this printer for about 2 years or so and it's run great, I've only had a tech in here to change the LC head.

When I print it rips just fine, but after each run across the media it pauses at each end of the machine for a couple seconds.

I've even had it print the same thing a couple times over so the image looks ghosted, then just spit media out until I stop it. I've had it spit out about 8 feet of media fairly rapidly before I was able to stop it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Versaworks Version - 5.3.2
Firmware Version - 4.1
Running Windows 7

FrankW

Check the setting SCAN INTERVAL in the menu. There is the possibility to set pauses after every pass to optimize print quality.

If the pauses are longer than being set there, it could be that a scan intervall is set in the software. Could be too that the network connection is too slow, so the printer won't get the data fast enough to print continuously (this specially is the cause when the first passes have not pauses, but as longer the printer prints, the pauses will be longer and longer). Try to connect your printer to the RIP-Computer directly through a crossover cable for testing. If the printer then works fine, add an additional network card and connect the printer directly permanently.

adrock

Ours was having the same issue recently. We never 100% figured it out, but we were having other network problems at the same time, and ended up changing a network switch somewhere in the building. Haven't had an issue since.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Same here, I was dealing with an ip conflict and was having the same issue. Once I corrected the ip issue, the pause went away.

DRamm76

Most likely the cause is the scan interval setting if it is on, however, IP conflict is the more logical. Try setting the last three digits of your IP to be as high as possible to avoid conflict our devices in range