• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540, Versaworks and an X-Rite DTP-41, anyone get it to work?

flyinhawaiian968

Okay, got the above equipment and have been in contact with Roland about this issue. Seems Versaworks has a DTP-41 listed for measurement instruments, but not the newer (which is still an old unit!) USB version.

Roland took over a week to get back to me, and after discussing it with their software department, they have decided that they have no clue about the usb version of the DTP-41, stating only that I should "try to find out what virtual port (COM#) the USB is using for your product and put that in the COM Settings for it"!

I've never heard of a "virtual com port" for usb connections, anyone else? Maybe I'm missing something here, but it sounds like a pass-the-buck memorandum.

In any case, all I wanna do is figure out if anyone has indeed gotten a dtp 41 USB unit to work with Versaworks properly. Was there another cable that should have come with my (used) unit that makes it a serial device? I'm thinking this may be the only way to get it to work properly, unless there's another software program that will write RVW profiles for Versaworks, which I have no problem doing!

Thanks,
Chris

Rooster

What color is it?

The older units were an off white and the (newer) USB units were gray. Considering X-Rite wanted $750 to upgrade my DTP41UV to a USB cable I would have to assume it's more than just a cable swap.

Try contacting X-Rite and see if there's any way they can help you find out about the virtual port.

Good Luck.

signage

Chris did you go into Device manager and see if it shows up under a com port. I have a Belcan USB to com device and this is what I think they are talking about.

flyinhawaiian968

Rooster, color is gray, its a DTP41B, came only with a USB cable. Signage, it shows up as a usb device only under USB devices in windows device mgr. Only COM port is COM 1, which is the physical port on the motherboard.

I've emailed X-Rite a few weeks ago, didn't get a response, have sent another email via their online support this time, will see if they respond.

Chris