• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 & Versaworks Quit Printing When I Download Anything

idsignsil

So this has happened before, but I did not know why until a few minutes ago. I was in the middle of printing some banners, about 6' into a 24' run, about 25% done in Versaworks, and Firefox starts to download an update. As soon as the download started, Versaworks stops and shows that the file is completely printed, and the printer makes a few more passes and stops.

Like I said this has happened in the past but I just figured out what was causing it. I can't just hit go again, because Versaworks thinks it has finished the print. If I try to start printing again, the XC-540 just says "Now Processing" but never starts printing. I have to power down the XC-540 and restart Versaworks to get it to print. Has anyone else had this problem and or know how to fix it?

I have one computer that I do the design, rip and print from. It is a beast and I do not have any lag or slow down problems, but I am wondering if I should use an old computer as a rip only to run the printer. I currently have the printer connected with a cat 5 that runs from a D-Link switch box, model DGS 2208, if anyone want to look at that.

Thanks for any help in advance! :thankyou:

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
dd you try different browser?
try to get a pci ethernet card maybe

Matt-Tastic

i'd fix firefox to stop autoupdates, or switch to chrome. i'd also send an email to the versaworks support to see if they are aware of similar issues and a resolution for it.

finally, it could be your switch. if it isn't moving the data properly, it could be trying to send it down the wrong "pipe" (to the printer, rather than to the internet). if you can buy a different switch and test the problem, if it doesn't fix, return the one you bought.

TXFB.INS

do a direct connect from the computer to the printer using your CAT 5
It is the switch causing the issues

our RIP computer does basic designs and also connected to the internet. never had an issue do all 3 at once