• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC-540 walking while cutting long runs, please help!

mrkawliga

I have a Roland XC-540 that prints and cuts fine but while performing cut only operations on vinyl, the media walks off or trails off and ruins the cut and in turn the vinyl. This is very expensive reflective for emergency vehicle use and after this happening several times, I am unwilling to waste any more material. I enabled prefeed which didnt help either. Upspeed is set to 7 and cutspeed is also set to 7. The media is dead on center and the stops are against the media flanges. I do not know what else to do but it is driving me crazy! I had some minor problems with this on my SP-540 but did not ruin the cuts. These come out with gaps and completely unaligned. The media shifts a good 2 to 3 inches to the right and hits the printer edge by the time it feeds out the vinyl and pulls it back in. These cuts are approximately 160 inches in length. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave

mrkawliga

kev,

thanks for the reply. No, I haven't cleaned the strip. Roland tech just went over the machine a couple weeks ago and all was good. It is actually the media moving or shifting. The cutter I believe is right on but the media is traveling off course. Thanks

Dave

kev3232

you probably already did this but did you check that all the pinch rollers are in the right spot?
how old is your machine?

k

Riskok

I have a Roland XC-540 that prints and cuts fine but while performing cut only operations on vinyl, the media walks off or trails off and ruins the cut and in turn the vinyl. This is very expensive reflective for emergency vehicle use and after this happening several times, I am unwilling to waste any more material. I enabled prefeed which didnt help either. Upspeed is set to 7 and cutspeed is also set to 7. The media is dead on center and the stops are against the media flanges. I do not know what else to do but it is driving me crazy! I had some minor problems with this on my SP-540 but did not ruin the cuts. These come out with gaps and completely unaligned. The media shifts a good 2 to 3 inches to the right and hits the printer edge by the time it feeds out the vinyl and pulls it back in. These cuts are approximately 160 inches in length. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Dave

Do you use crop marks?

BR Patrik

lilb93

If your material walking then your pinch rollers need adjustment. That is the only thing that moves the media. Look at the rollers under the pinch are they clean?? Does it do it only on that type of media?

DRamm76

Not only check to see if they are clean but check to see if they are loose at all. I'd also give your dealer a shout and tell him what's going on. Are you under warranty?

The pinch rollers may need replacement..if you slowly rotate the outside pinch rollers (with the right lighting) you may see "Flat Spots" on the wheel....if so replace BOTH (dot of ink on wheel will face on the outside of printer). The outside rollers are cantilevered and the rollers in the middle are flat. Defiantly call your dealer if under warranty and for parts.

David S

Another thing to try... Loosen all the bolts connecting the stand to the printer. Re-Tighten the bolts on the BACK of the frame first to make sure the print head is square with the stand. Then Re-tighten the bolts on the bottom of the frame.