• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 Head Issue - Require help on this one!

Gforce1

Hey everyone, we've got a 2nd XC540 at our shop that we were having some issues with and weren't using much. I've gone through it and got it almost fixed up but as you can see from the Roland test print the Cyan is giving me issues. It seemed like the head wasn't aligned so I did an alignment test print and that pic is attached. Clearly you can see H1 in No. 2 and No. 4 is definitely messed up. I'm looking for a little input on the most logical steps from here to fix this issue or things to try. I greatly appreciate any help provided as we'd like to get this one running 100% again and not have an expensive paper weight!

Thanks!

Attachments

• XC1.jpg
    XC1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 110
  • XC2.jpg
    XC2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 107

CarNate69

Edit: Looking at this again, the h1 AND h3 test print that looks super inconsistent misfiring showing these heads are dead. You need to replace these two heads then align everything together.

Looks like you did a bidirectional adjustment, this will fix very little if you have other more serious issues.

Do a test print first to check the nozzles, it looks like you have dropped nozzles in more than one head. Address these first.

Check the head alignment in service mode under bias.
Do a vertical align in service mode
Do a horizontal align in service mode

Most of these above will require you to take the printer apart and understand how to do the various head alignments. If you aren't comfortable with this process, I would call a tech.

Brian27

The test print you attached is just the bi directional alignment. Did you print that in bi-directional or uni? If you did it in bi, I'd try it in uni-directional just to rule that out as a problem.

If it still looks like that in uni-directional I would go into service mode and do the above's recommendation. The horizontal alignment is about as simple as the bi-directional adjustment you posted. The vertical though is not something I'd recommend unless you know what you're doing.

Ragnabrok

Physical alignments in service mode are a likely candidate to reduce that blur around anything containing cyan, but that level of overspray is ridiculous, no amount of alignment will fix that.