Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XC540 Inks :CMYKLcLm

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ykapadia, Nov 4, 2008.

1. ykapadia

ykapadia New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Out of these inks CMYKLcLm, which colors should stock as spare ? i.e out of the CMYKLcLm which ink is used more ?

Tags:
  2. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

I always keep a full set on hand (12 cartridges). When I replace one I order another. That way no matter what I always have plenty of ink. Nothing worse than working late or on the weekend and running out of ink in the middle of a print with no way of getting more.

3. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Depends what you are printing to be honest. If you got a massive job that requires a lot of black you will be using a lot of black. I would keep a set of backup cartridges just in case. If your not doing a whole heap of printing reorder cartridges when they are 50% used.

4. ykapadia

ykapadia New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    I will stock full set (12) and I can manage to stock addition 4 cartridges. So need to know which 4 to order. I am based in Fiji and have to order inks of Australia.

5. jasonx

jasonx Very Active Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Australia
    Order the CYMK as the extra four. The Lm and LC should last longer.

6. spectracolor

spectracolor Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Simi Valley
    I also stock a full set of inks just in case.

Better to have it then be sorry

7. Graphix Plus Ink

Graphix Plus Ink Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Magentas and LM always go first