• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 poor cut quality, job stops and cuts diagonal line

acmeman

I have an XC540 that has recently had some cutting issues. First the cutter requires a cut force of about 180 for a laminated calendared file (sudden change from previous 115). Now it has been stopping in the middle of a cut job and slowly cuts a diagonal line back to the home mark. Also, it is cutting wavy lines instead of true circles for example.
Also we have the printer set up on our network. Has anyone had this issue?

djinnerman

Does your test cut alignment come out okay? I would also check to see if the blade holder is secured. I've had a problem like this once by not tightening the screw enough to secure the blade holder.

oksigns

I have an XC540 that has recently had some cutting issues. First the cutter requires a cut force of about 180 for a laminated calendared file (sudden change from previous 115). Now it has been stopping in the middle of a cut job and slowly cuts a diagonal line back to the home mark. Also, it is cutting wavy lines instead of true circles for example.

blade drag from carriage travel is from the blade being extended too far or bowing of material

having to increase force is a sign of a dull or broken blade

wavy lines and irregular cuts, especially irregularities in linear cuts, is a bad cutting strip

check yo strip, check yo blade.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like your cutter is not getting the full signal on what to cut and does it's own thing to home back in.

robibilic

I had The same printer and simular problem. Try to move black part with your hand which keep The blade to see if it is fixed. You probably need to tighte a screw.

acmeman

Sounds like your cutter is not getting the full signal on what to cut and does it's own thing to home back in.

Yes I agree. I we restart the Roland, it will cut one job. It will not cut 2x however. We use Caldera so I wonder if an update has caused an issue.