• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 printing with small halo

vinyskinzz

Question... How clear is the black suppose to print?

I keep getting a little halo around my black.

Some thing look fuzzy when i print small prints..

How can i fix this?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

artbot

search the word overspray. can be caused by bad ink, static, etc. to eliminate static possibility. get a scrap, buff aggressively half the scrap. make a mark in the middle showing what portion is buffed. print a test file. if the ink behaves better on the buffed side, than you have static.

there's a lot of knowledge on this board about overspray. sure you'll get lots of tips tomorrow.

DRamm76

What type of ink is in the machine? How often are you cleaning it? What kind of mileage is on the machine?

mark in tx

medium cleaning, head cleaning, change wipers, check the heat settings.
You have to get into maintenance mode to get the report that gives the head shot count(mileage)

HulkSmash

if the cleaning doesn't work it could be static from the material pulling down the ink as it goes over it.

CarNate69

A lot of people blame this issue on static, this isn't what's causing the problem. If your printer printed fine before this issue, then static isn't the problem. Overspray is rarely a static issue when your printer has been established, and printing fine in the same area for a long time.

Check and be sure your printer is clean, swab the head, etc. (it won't help, but it helps you to feel better :) ). If this doesn't help, then more than likely one of your heads is going out. Black uses a lot of different colors to create the look, so it will start to shadow/overspray in areas that it shouldn't be. Finding the head that's going out can be tricky. I have replaced numerous heads because of this shadowing issue.

Slowing your printer down won't help the issue. The printer is very capable of printing small text at high speeds.

Based on your image, I would say that your black head is out. It will creep up on you and it won't go away, no matter what you try. Do not try to overclean it, it won't help. Based on your image, this is a tell-tale sign that the head has had enough production and it's time for replacement.

Your image shows the exact problems I had. I tried everything in the book. Switching cables, cleaning cable ends, swapping cap tops, dampers, etc. etc - nothing fixed it, but a new head.

The head starts to lose it's accuracy as it's life is close to over. The first signs are when it's starts this shadowing effect.

Test printing in service mode will help you figure out which head it is, but based on your image, the black head is going to be my best guess.

feckmo

Just out of curiosity, did you check the head height? I've seen similar results when I forget to drop the head back down after printing thick banner material or something...