• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 sheet cut question/issue

crny1

HEy all,
My 540 has started to not completely cut through the sheet when sheet cutting. The carriage goes all the way to the left (it seems) and the bar is pushed to put the blade down but is just seems there isnt enough pressure or the bar isnt getting pushed in enough to actually drop it down 100%. Is there a setting for the travel to the left to activate the blade?
Yes its a new blade so I know thats not it. Curious if anyone else has run into this?

JulieS

Exact same problem recently. I tried ordering a new blade holder, but it didn't help. It seemed like the blade was slipping out of position in the holder. It DOES help (for a week or so at a time) to remove the holder, adjust the blade, and put the holder back in tightly. I would like to know how to do a "limit initialization," if a4andy can explain. Thanks!

crny1

Exact same problem recently. I tried ordering a new blade holder, but it didn't help. It seemed like the blade was slipping out of position in the holder. It DOES help (for a week or so at a time) to remove the holder, adjust the blade, and put the holder back in tightly. I would like to know how to do a "limit initialization," if a4andy can explain. Thanks!

see this on how to do it. http://www.dencosales.com/files/Download/VP LimitPos Initialize User.pdf

I have tried new blades, limit intilaization 5 times or so and same thing. Will not cut completely through the backing paper. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Jumpshoutmedia

Check the channel that the cutoff blade recesses into while cutting to make sure there's no obstructions and make sure your cutting strip isnt installed wrong or somehow in the way of the cutoff blade. The plotting knife should be on top of the strip when it's cutting, but the sheet cuttonc blade is supposed to protrude down into a "slot".

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
crny1 thanks for the promo ;)

If replacing blade and limit position calibration won't fix it, then you probably need to rebuild the sheet cut mechanism or possibly just replace the spring.

Good Luck

crny1

I failed to update this as to what the issue was. The bracket where the 2 screws hold the cutting mechanism on had slightly loosened and allowed the assembly to turn just a fraction. After straightening it up and doing the limit initization again it now works perfect. Not sure how I missed those 2 screws for so long! Thanks again everyone.