• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540 & Versaworks

jigsaw

G'day all,
oanybody know if you can set versaworks to cut from the front of a roll without it cutting a shape then travelling 2 metres down the roll to cut a tiny piece then back and forth like that:scream:. Seems a stupid waste of time to me.:Australia

jasonx

Don't think you can sort the cut priority from versaworks.

But when you make your cut lines in illustrator etc the order you place them I think is the order they cut.

DRamm76

Don't think you can sort the cut priority from versaworks.

But when you make your cut lines in illustrator etc the order you place them I think is the order they cut.

That is correct. The same holds true for when you create them in both Flexi and Corel

Gordy Saunders

Bump again. Really want to know if you apply the contour cut in a particular way - Will the Roland cut it the way that you apply the contour cut instead of running all over the media.

I've alway just lasood the whole thing when appling the contour cut.

Slamdunkpro

Bump again. Really want to know if you apply the contour cut in a particular way - Will the Roland cut it the way that you apply the contour cut instead of running all over the media.

I've alway just lasood the whole thing when appling the contour cut.

As stated earlier in the thread, Versaworks cuts in the order that you lay down your cut lines / patterns. So if you lay your cut patterns down from front to back, it will cut front to back.

Gordy Saunders

Okey, I'm sorry but I just don't understand what you are saying. I work in Flexi Pro. Before I import into VW I have to apply a contour cut. I don't lay down cut lines. Is laying down cut lines the same thing as applying a contour cut?

jasonx

Its when you CREATE the cut lines not when you ASSIGN the colour to the cut lines.

So if you want to cut three squares you use your SQUARE tool or whatever they call it in FLEXI and you create three squares 1, 2, 3. You assign the CutContour colour swatch to those squares in the order of 3, 2, 1.

They will be cut in the order of 1, 2, 3.

I'm pretty sure that's correct from illustrator anyways back from when I had my SP.

DRamm76

Exactly. It works in any program..Adobe, Corel, and Flexi. Whether it's an EPS or PDF it will work the same way. JasonX is right on point. Follow those steps and you're golden

Malkin

I work primarily in Illustrator, and this is basically correct, but you can change it as well.

Just remember, the items that cut first are the ones that are layered at the bottom, and it works its way up from there. Because of this you can change the order of the cut by changing the layering.

Don't know about corel/flexi, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was similar.

cdiesel

Ahh, so it's the layer order, and not the created order? I'll have to play with that tomorrow.. that's useful.

jasonx

Cheers Malkin. Didn't know that one either. Does that hold true then if you have cut objects on different layers? So say you had three squares and you created three separate layers would it go from the bottom layer to the top?

Malkin

Ultimately yes, it's the layers.

You'll notice that if you just create a bunch of shapes, that they will naturally stack with the oldest shape at the bottom, thus usually the oldest shape cuts first if you don't re-layer it.

Working in Gerber, however, it does cut the oldest shapes first, regardless of how they are layered. At least that's what it does on both the HS15plus and the Odyssey.

renaldas22

From flexi manual:

Every time you draw a shape, create text, or add any element to your design, information about that element is stored in the Objects Tab of the DesignEditor.
• Each object is assigned a number to distinguish it from other objects of the same type (e.g.: Rectangle 1, 2, 3 ..).
• Objects are stacked in the order they are created, with new objects being placed on top of older objects.
<...>
The DesignEditor - Objects Tab allows you to quickly locate and select specific objects
<...>
You can change the order of an object by clicking and dragging an object to a new location in the stack. You can change the stack order of objects within a particular layer, or you can move objects from one layer to another.

Thats how you make sure objects are cut in order you want it. :signs101: