• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xc540?

jigsaw

Hi all,
Can anyone tell me if the printer heater(the top one flat under the Vinyl)should stay really hot even when the printer is in sleep mode, seems like a waste of power.

Thanks in advance.

petepaz

i am pretty sure that should cool down when not in use
i know when ever i start my first job it takes a while to start because it has to heat up
(NOW HEATING.....)
don't know what that means in your case
what do you have it set at?
maybe you have it set too high and it stays hot longer?

jigsaw

thanks guys, I don't think my centre heater is shutting down I have switched it off at the front panel overnight and will see what its like when I open in the morning.:thankyou:

jigsaw

Ok, got to work am printer been in sleep mode all night centre heater still hot to touch!
any ideas?

bmendes

Hello Jigsaw,
I would suggest that the heater control board in the bed of the machine has failed, this board controls all of the heaters in the machine.
Is the machine still under the 5 year warranty ? . I would power the machine down completly at the mainpower switch when not in use until you get this fixed.
Don't leave it powered down for more than 24hrs at a time, turn it back on so it can still do its maintenance, then power it down again. If the heating element in the bed burns out it cannot be replaced.

Cheers
Brett