• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XC540MT vs VS540

kustom.printing

Couple of questions about printing on vinyl...

(1) Is the VS540 (CMYKLMLC + White + metallic) much better quality at the same setting (standard for standard quality) as the XC540MT (CMYK + White + White).

(2) If the answer of above is that the VS540 is better quality like for like would I need to run the XC540MT at the lower speed (high quality) to gain the same result which means no speed increase over the VS540.

(3) One last question would an XC540MT run faster than our other VS640 running double CMYK and would there be a quality difference on High speed.

Please not that metallic is not of any use to use.

Really appreciate any help,

jasonx

I have a XC540W which is basically what your looking at speed wise. This is a lot faster then the VS in white mode in dual pass mode.

Its about 1.5square metres an hour on the XC. I didn't wait around that long for the VS but it seemed a lot slower.

I guess its going to depend on how much white printing your going to do.

We have a dedicated machine for it and leave it on take up and just let it run.

Printing your white and then CMYK in a separate pass is a lot faster but you loose a bit of registration and also you have to baby sit the printer in terms of take up etc.

I'm guessing the VS would be just as fast in this mode as the full head is being used as opposed to partially.

I had to do a job a few weeks ago. White and cmyk in dual pass mode about 100 liner metres and it took me about 4 days to complete with the XC.

jasonx

The XC is faster then the VS to achieve the same quality output.

The white ink profiles are usually higher quality profiles like 1440x720 so the quality of the profiles on both machines are high.