Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xerox 8254e

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by MandyProto, Aug 30, 2019.

1. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario
    I have a xerox 8254e and my reds are printing orange. I have done a head cleaning and my ink is full. is this a damper issue? any info or tips would help. thanks

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Was it printing red well before? If yes then it could be the damper for sure. What does your nozzle check look like?

3. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario
    my nozzle check is very light, hard to see at all.

4. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Post a picture of it and maybe we can see if something is wrong. That's the easiest way.

5. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario

Attached Files:

6. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario
    that is the nozzle check ... honestly its there.. just very light

7. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario
    this is what was printed prior to this post, the reds are orange

Attached Files:

8. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Yeah that looks very light. If it were me I would just do a maintenance on the machine which would include changing at least the cap top and dampers and maybe just the whole maintenance station especially if these parts haven't been changed in multiple years. That would rule out maintenance issues. if it continues you might need to soak the head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MandyProto

MandyProto New Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Chatham, Ontario
    any way I can "get around" it for today until I get the supplies?

10. Solventinkjet

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Check the ink lines above the dampers for air bubbles. If there are any, try to tighten the connection of the ink line and damper. Then you can hook a syringe up to the waste tubes, there are 2 and they are connected so one has to be clogged to be able to pull, then pull with the syringe and try to get ink flowing through. If you can, that sometimes will give you some printing time as it primes the heads but if the damper is the issue it will drop out of color again during the print. Also just clean up everything as much as possible especially the cap top and the bottom of the head where the cap top touches the head surface. It's all just to make a better seal with the cap top.

11. Tfloraditch

Tfloraditch Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Hooksett NH
    Reds are always difficult. You need to make sure you have a good profile. You should be creating your own profiles to get good color. That might not help you today but long term it is a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1