• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Xerox 8265 printer

fata4u2

Hi all
Can anyone help me....

1......i just got a xerox 8265 printer and was wondering if anyone had done a firmware replacement to one of the mutoh printers so that i can use the mutoh inks.....I learnt that the mutoh spitfire is the mutoh version of the xerox 8265...if this is so can I install the mutoh spitfire firmware on the xerox and have it work with the mutoh inks?.........

2......just a thought....is there a way to bypass the printer looking for the ink chips?......i have worked with other printers that just have a ink tank with a float switch that tells me when the ink is low....and I just have to refill that tank..... there is no ink chip of any sort......so has anyone tried this with one of these chipped printers and got it to work?

We retire our 8265 about 6 month ago. I was using bulk ink system with external chip readers and just pull chips after start up. As far as I know you have to replace whole motherboard to get around it. I can sell you ink system and some ink. Pm me if you are interested.