• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XF-640 and GR-640

sheitmar

Hey guys,

Got a situation that I'm hoping that someone out here may have some experience with.

Printer: XF-640
Cutter: GR-640, replacing old GX-640

Issue is that GR-640 only runs using Versaworks Dual. XF-640 is not supported using Dual. I have two Roland machines that cannot directly communicate with eachother using Roland software.

The proposed workaround is to manually add registration marks in the file using a Cutstudio Illustrator plugin. The problem is that customer does not use Illustrator.

The end game is to get a workflow using ONYX Thrive which will run all machines, this will happen in about a month when an Epson S60600 is installed. So we're trying to find a workaround in the interim.

I'm exploring an idea to spoof the computer into thinking that the GR-640 is in fact the old GX-640. Haven't been successful in getting that to work, though.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!