• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XJ 640 print head movement.

Race4Fun82

Hi all
Well we did it, purchased a XJ -640, only 14 months old and it prints beautifully. It runs circles around the old SC 500. I have One question I hope someone canhelp me with. The print head goes all the way across the substrate for each pass. I was told that there is a setting so it will only go as far as needed to cover the printed area.
The SC 500 only goes over the printed area so I'm sure there must be a way to make the XJ do the same. Any help would great
Thanks

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I didn't know the xj 640 printed directly to substrates...

Maybe move the left pinch roller to the needed width?

Race4Fun82

I'm talking vinyl, banner etc. the left pinch roller is on the left edge of the "material" however if it's printing on the right side of the material the head will travel all the way across the 64 " area and back. That is a lot of waisted time each pass.

Race4Fun82

That works

Thanks for the info. It's under menu- sub menu. I turned full scan off and it does just what I wanted.