• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

xj-640 sheet cut/ media clamp issue...

vagrant

ok, so...
after printing on the xj-640, i hit sheet cut- it says check media clamps, and since the media clamps havent been in for at least a month, i hit enter and it does its thing and then it comes up check media clamps again... and again... and again...
so i called roland support and they said that the xj-640 doesnt have a media clamp sensor like the xc-540 does, and that there was no way to tell it to ignore the media clamp check. have you guys had this problem, and if so then what did you do to fix it? besides using scissors, lol....

vagrant

im sorry, forgot to mention that, but yes i did update the firmware to the newest available version- that was what the roland tech suggested over the phone. it did not remedy the problem.

Signed Out

I have just started having this problem this week also... I have an xj540 and if I keep trying enough it'll finally cut the sheet. I just dont understand why it hasn't had this problem ever for 2 years and all of a sudden... i will try the update

vagrant

nope, still have not found a solution- its not a major problem, but it is an annoyance. sorry yours was infected!