• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XJ-640 vs. Rockhopper III

Robert72

Dear friends, I'm about to choose between the Mutoh Rockhopper III and the Roland XJ-640. I'm more inclined for the Roland because it can print faster (till 40 sqm/h vs. 22) and it has six colours. But if you can tell your opinion, it would be marvellous.

Thanks and best regards,
Robert.

cdiesel

We run two Rolands (an XC540 and an XJ740) and love them. You might want to step up to the XJ740. It's not that much more expensive and you can run 6' banners..

Using 3rd party inks while on Roland's warranty is a no-no.
Do you have any legitimate proof to show heads last longer using 3rd party ink, I would like to see the actual proof from a reputable source. Most heads are damaged from head strikes (etc...) NOT by wearing them out.

DRamm76

Who is the genius that names this machine "RockHopper" and who is the even BIGGER genius that APPROVED that decision? LOL

Robert72

I'm an Spaniard. Daniel. What's the meaning of RockHopper?? Something like a tank or deposit made of stone??

Anyway, and staying on topic, I was searching for bad experiences with the XJ-640, as it's the first choice. I have a SP540 from I don't remember when, and it still prints'n cut everyday. I think I'll never get rid of it.

benjercorp

Ok I'll ask you this when was the last time you change printheads??? 2 years at max..

Must of the OEM Ink are made to last about 2 years or less, With some alternative inks like TeckINK which happens to be one of the best if not the best "Of course it belongs to HP" I have customers who haven't changed a single print head in four years also did you know that everytime you run solvent through the heads you are just wearing the print heads membrane out .....