• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XJ-740 Vaccum Problem

alevye

A.L. Sherut
Hello. I writing to present a case I have with a customer to get some help. The printer at issue is a XJ-740 and the problem is as follow:

Using a media of 1.23 mts wide or less and with the Vacuum Power set at AUTO (as default), when sending a job from Versaworks, the Vacuum in the printing plate works ok.

When we change the media to something wider than 1.23 mts and sending the same job, when the printer is almost getting to print, the Vacuum gets off.

We tried using all the different options in the Printer Settings in Versaworks (changing from Use Custom Settings, Use Printer Settings, and Use Default Settings) and the same result.

We updated the Versaworks from version 2.4.0 to several versions until 5.1.1 but still the same problem

The F/W version of the machine is 2.00. I tried to upgrade it to 4.00 but the Roland Firmware utility always showed an error saying that the printer is not responding to receive the data (we followed the proper procedure to turn off the sub button and flash the F/W). The machine turned the display on when began to receive the F/W but freezes displaying: F/W Transmit 192.xx.xx.xx.

We also did a Factory Default reset of the printer but still doesn't work with media wider than 1.23 mts

Thanks

Regards