• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XP Home ?

Compilla

[SIZE=-1]I have a FO48" and I need to set Flexi temporarily on my XP Home machine

Does anyone here have experience using XP Home ?
Any Pros / cons ?

I've heard some folks that run Home edition that had some connectivity issues ( with the Print Server provided from Mutoh )

Thanks!
[/SIZE]

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
My shop machine runs XP Home with a Falcon Outdoor 48, among other things, and I've never had a problem with connectivity. Plug the TCP/IP module into the printer and connect to an Ethernet port with a cross-over cable. Set the IP address of the TCP/IP module into the Production Manager setup and you're good to go.

Be sure to use a cross-over cable. At least with my module. You're mileage may vary.

XP Home is sufficient for this machine, at least it has been for the last few years. The only other Ethernet connection is to my other machine. They share each other's C drives through this connection and I can use VNC to bring up the desktop of one on the other. There's two, actually three, Ethernet cards in this machine and XP Home deals with all of them properly. As well as the USB plotter connection. No internet, no email, no malicious software, no worries.

OldPaint

i think(might be wrong)the big differance from home to professional....is home is really not capable of acting as a server......for more then a couple machines....whereas PRO is more capable..............to run many.

Jakob77

i think(might be wrong)the big differance from home to professional....is home is really not capable of acting as a server......for more then a couple machines....whereas PRO is more capable..............to run many.

Very close, OP :thumb:

The difference between XP Home and XP Professional is that XP Home can not log onto a Windows Domain and XP Pro also has support for dual processors. That's it.

Matt Cuellar

When I switched from Flexi to Wasatch I had to upgrade to XP Pro. Something about networking features in XP Home that Wasatch couldn't handle. Tried running Wasatch, but they were right...very unstable. The RIP queue kept shutting down in the middle of jobs and it just got frustrating. Before, XP Home worked just great, no issues. It seems that XP Pro runs faster too, but that could just be in mind. Oh well, I have a friend at the Microsoft store so I got XP Pro for $50...no biggie!

Matt

ChiknNutz

I ran XP Home with Wasatch and my Roland for about a year until I switched to Pro for other security reasons. No problems that I was ever aware about, and I asked about it first. No one told me I had to go PRO and I didn't.

amylynn@smartdesignsngraphics

:glasses: :glasses:

I am new to signs101.com and it has helped me out a lot. I have a Falcon Outdoor 48 in and work in flexi sign. I am glad to see that many people not just myself have problems with this machine and this forum answers many questions.

I am a new owner of this business and have been operating for over a year now. So this machine is totally new to me. I have a question to ask.

Have you ever done any trade show graphics to be applied to a booth in panels? If so what media did you use? It seems that I have a hard time applying larger pieces of digital media - (LITTLE ANOYING BUBBLES) What advice do you have to give.

Thanks for you time.

Amy Comitz
Owner - Smart Designs and Graphics