• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XP Printer folder???????

PMG

Does your wide format print show up in the printer folder in XP control panel? I have my printer hooked up to a network card,but don't see it in the folder,the reason i ask is i was trying to print from Adobe......but did not see my printer in the drop down.......... can you print from Adobe Illustrator. I hate saving the file and ripping from Flexi!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, your typical wide format printer is not a device known to XP or any other flavor of Windows. It's not configured as Yet Another peripheral connected to the computer. This printer must be completely driven by it's very own and very specialized software. It does not present a general interface and driver for windows to access, such as a LaserJet or some other desktop gadget does.

That being the case, only software capable of driving both your printer and it's interface, whatever that might be, can make the thing work. It's the reason you can't print to it directly out of Illustrator, Word, Excel or any other package that supports printing. The device simply doesn't exist to any of these packages.

javila

Depends on the printer/rip software.

Versaworks ships with a windows driver that allows what you're asking for. It baiscally sends a .PS file to the rip, then you just send the file to the printer.