• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR-640 and Convex High-Bond

mikalh78

So we have two printers a XR-640 and a XC-540. The XC-540 printer has a Convex profile set up. But we just got a huge order in and to help take the stress off of the one machine I'd like to off load some of the work to the XR-640. Is there a profile that I can download or use that is compatible with the Convex vinyl? This will be laminated with DisplayTex laminate afterwards. And which blade would I use to cut the vinyl and laminate? 60 degree? 45 degree?

bulldozer

direct from the company

Software Settings: We do not offer specific profiles for inkjet printers on this material, however, we have found that most RIPS offer generic matte white-vinyl profiles that require minimal adjustments and get excellent results. We will leave it to you to determine what is acceptable for the desired application.

CS-SignSupply

Are you using the Light Black in the XR or what inkset?

Profile for third party (nonp-oem) media could be provided by the media manufacturer, dealer that sold the Roland or the enduser making their own profiles as needed.

Have you tried the MCVP profile? You may need to fool with the heat and media feed settings as the Convex is thicker but, if I recall correctly, they are both a matte finish product.

mikalh78

There is the standard CMYK plus Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black and White as well. The Convex vinyl has a matte finish on them.