• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

XR-640 bad nozzle check and service manual

toomeycustoms

Had some banding in cyan and printed out nozzle check(attached). Replaced wiper, did manual cleaning and then a multitude of Normal/Medium/Powerful cleanings with no change in the dropout. Machine is 5 days over a year old and that means it is 5 days out of warranty. Only had a 1 year warranty, because it was a refurbished machine from Roland even though it was a freight damage return and had never been installed. What would next step be... head soak? And if that doesn't work cap tops?

Regarding head soaks on the XR, it seems that the lines coming out of the captop are hard plastic now and can't be clamped easily. In my old SC-545 they were soft rubber and I could easily clamp them to do a head soak. How are you doing head soaks on the XR's?

Finally, anyone have a service manual for the XR-640?

Attachments

• 2015-04-20-16.jpg
    2015-04-20-16.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 356

DRamm76

Have the dampers been looked at at all as probable cause for the drop out?
You shouldnt need to soak heads on a machine that isnt that old.