• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Yay!

Fours_Of_Habit

Hi. I'm brand new. I currently cast aluminum signs and plaques. Specifically people's business cards, immortalized onto 100% aluminum signs, receiver hitch plugs, and desk plates. I got into using vinyls as a stencil to sandblast patterns, and have been looking to various sign forums for research on buying a cutter, because professional sign shops charge up to $20 for each one-use-only stencil! That drives my cost WAY up, so am looking at a cutter to minimize end-customer expense.

I will be doing lots of research on this site, so my posts will be probably nil for the first few weeks. Lurking, I think it is called!

Anybody who knows anything about casting, or using extruded polystyrene in the full mold process, don't hesitate to chime in, here. I'd take it as a sincere welcome to this board!

Thank You!
-Fours

Jillbeans

Another PA welcome.
And the only thing I know about casting is that I have an 84 year old friend in the casting biz since before I was born. His name is Giovanni but he goes by "Jack", and the second time he met me, he gave me his father's 1915 Atkinson.
He does some cool stuff. I guess it's some sort of casting with sand involved?
I have a lion's head he gave me, too.
He dabbles in sign painting and gets me to make him patterns.
Love....Jill