• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Yea or Nay? Floor rack for large vinyl rolls EZ Horizontal Vinyl Roller Rack #17 EZH17

Laura Tucker

Getting you Noticed since 1994
We're considering purchasing 2 of these vinyl roller racks for our shops. EZ Horizontal Vinyl Roller Rack #17 EZH17 Made by Mbs Standoffs

They're $542.00 each plus shipping of $160.00. Has anyone used one of these or have a different but similar product to store large vinyl. We don't want to store the vinyl on its end and prefer the storage idea of these. We're using these for 54" digital media, banner material, and vinyl.

Here's the website to check them out. EZ Horizontal Vinyl Roller Rack #17

I'd love your feedback before we finalize our decision.

Last edited:

dypinc

I never liked hanging rolls like that because the core get oval shaped from the weight and hanging at the top point. Much better to stand them on end.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I like those, but they're pricey. But I just don't like the whole idea of poles to wrestle with while grabbing a roll of vinyl, holding the roll, sliding it off the pole......it's much easier to me with the vertical racks we have....but you don't want that so....
No extra stuff...grab the roll and put it in the machine. And these are way cheaper.

Attachments

• 41IpmDS59BL.jpg
    41IpmDS59BL.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 445

Chasez

I like those, but they're pricey. But I just don't like the whole idea of poles to wrestle with while grabbing a roll of vinyl, holding the roll, sliding it off the pole......it's much easier to me with the vertical racks we have....but you don't want that so....
No extra stuff...grab the roll and put it in the machine. And these are way cheaper.

We made this almost exactly ourselves. Couple sheets of plywood, castors, and some 2x4's. works great and can make them to fit your space. We have a 20ft wall lined with a few that we made, as well as a 3 tier aluminum rack with small 15"-24" rolls stacked on. Works great and MUCH cheaper than purchasing something like those.

Chaz

Laura Tucker

I never liked hanging rolls like that because the core get oval shaped from the weight and hanging at the top point. Much better to stand them on end.
Thanks
We made this almost exactly ourselves. Couple sheets of plywood, castors, and some 2x4's. works great and can make them to fit your space. We have a 20ft wall lined with a few that we made, as well as a 3 tier aluminum rack with small 15"-24" rolls stacked on. Works great and MUCH cheaper than purchasing something like those.

Chaz
I'd love to see photos of your racks. Thanks for the feedback.

Laura Tucker

I didn't know about this issue. Thanks for pointing the core issue.

Laura Tucker

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going to take all of the comments back to the production department at the end of the week and review again.

bannertime

I hate taking rolls from vertical to horizontal so we have a wall rack right across from the printer for horizontal storage. I've not experienced the core shape distortion. Most of our materials have the thick walled core though. Since the HP latex machines have the loading table, it's super easy to take the roll off the wall, turn around and set it down. Pull the pole, put it back, and load the roll. My lesser used materials do get stored vertically on old plastic core shipping things. They can be built for much less than $500 though. We use 2x6 and our original stands are nearly 25 years old.

AKwrapguy

I have a few of the vertical ones. We looked at the horizontal ones but we figured we can fit more in the same place with Vertical ones, and we never move them around so wheels weren't needed. Also no center poles to deal with.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We stand them on end, never any issues from that. Currently we have around 200 rolls of 48, 54, 60" material in-house. We DO have them on stands, but most are just the plastic end caps screwed to plywood bases to elevate them off the floor. We have a few of the roll-around racks for "middle of the shop" spaces, but most live along walls. for rolls 36" and under they go on the wall racks, but we are using less and less of those anymore besides 15" punched.

ikarasu

We have some metal bars welded to make a home made rack. 5-10 in a vertical space off the wall... 4-5 rows of it. Takes upittle space, light stuff on-top and on bottom.. heavy stuff in the mid.

For our 54"+ rolls we just stand up on the core.

bigwow

Center poles are a pain in the proverbial, especially with wider rolls. Go vertical and make your own racks, very easy - casters, MDF sheet, PVC tube, nuts and bolts.

Attachments

• Roll2.jpg
    Roll2.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Rolls1.jpg
    Rolls1.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 342

2B

we have both styles, vertical and horizontal

for the vertical, we take the plastic core plugs and mount them to plywood.

the horizontal rack is modified, the idea of the rod is a complete pain and very impractical.
we took PVC pipe cut the tube in half, filed down the edges, then glued felt to the PVC tube.
This way you can easily handle the media and do so without the hassle of the rod or marking up the surface