• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

yellow and cyan no print

gabagoo

I ran my first job of the day just a few minutes ago and it was weird. The black was printing like a very dark magenta, so I stopped the job and ran a test print and the yellow and cyan didn't print a thing. I have seen this before and just turned the printer off and back on reset and then ran the test print and now everything is firing. Anyone have any ideas what causes this and is it a source for concern? Like I said I saw it do this about 4 months ago. and have not seen it since.

Vinylman

gabagoo:

First of all you didn't say what type of printer you have. The answer to your question could be different for different types or models of printers.:Oops:

Second:

Isn't your question one that SHOULD be directed to the people who sold you your printer?

Isn't that what tech support is for?

Isn't that what we pay the BIG BUCKS to the suppliers for? To answer basic questions that could or should be found in the OPERATORS MANUAL.:help:

Regards,
Bob C.:peace!:

eforer

You might want to do a disway wash and also look at the actual metal caps in the capping station. If there is a blockage in there, the parasaltic pump won't be able to draw ink effectively through the lines creating intermittent outages. Also, with OE cartridges, they tend to get a little iffy with head pressure when they get low causing similar problems. I like bulk systems for this reason because you can more easily keep your ink levels and by association head pressure consistent.

gabagoo

gabagoo:

First of all you didn't say what type of printer you have. The answer to your question could be different for different types or models of printers.:Oops:

Second:

Isn't your question one that SHOULD be directed to the people who sold you your printer?

Isn't that what we pay the BIG BUCKS to the suppliers for? To answer basic questions that could or should be found in the OPERATORS MANUAL.:help:

Regards,

I run a Mimaki jv3.

I ask the question here as the experience factors here of actual users is much more reliable than any dealer. The dealers job is to sell the machine, they don't work with them everyday in the field. Secondly I will get an honest answer here. My dealer will never wan't to admit that something might be wrong with the machine. There is a very good possibility that someone here has experienced this and knows what causes it. From a technical standpoint I have found that if it is not an ongoing problem the chances of it being rectified are basically nil.

Case

gabagoo:

Second:

Regards,

The whole SECOND part of this is wrong... Bob, why even have a message board then???... Why should anyone ask any questions here??? It's really silly that you would post these things.

Gabagoo,
I have seen this on several JV3's and I think you are fine... Any of the ones that I have seen do this, it never turned into a big issue...

Case

Imminent Death

So your test print isn't showing any yellow or cyan? That's weird.

I'd give your printer a really good cleaning. Remove the metal case at the left end of the printer (under the hood) and clean the sides of the print heads. Also give it a good 60 minute Nozzle Wash. Test print again and see if anything comes back. You might have to do this a time or two. I'd also get a foam swab and clean the sides of your capping stations.

I just thought of this because I've had it happen to me before... we had a head strike a while back that knocked out the little metal screens in the capping stations and it caused printing like what you mentioned. You might want to make sure those screens are where they need to be.

Case

Jay, nothing to do with what you were experiencing... he got them back with a reboot...it's a bug...... not mechanical....

case

Case

Hey man, I'm just going off what I've learned recently. :wink:

I understand that, and what you have learned will apply to certain situations, but not his... His is a bug on the printer is all I'm telling you... Believe me, I know...

Go Hoosiers...

Case